Saturday 9 February 2013

Every Last One

I thought I was going to hate this book by Anna Quindlen. In all honesty for the first half I was a little bit bored and then as I'm sitting in waterstones cafe with a pot of tea trudging my way through it (ok that's a little harsh) something so shocking, so unexpected happens I gasp loudly enough that at least two people turn round to look at me. In hindsight the author had done the work in the first half to build up to the shocking thing that happens so although fairly extreme it was completely plausible, I absolutely did not see it coming though! Like my last review I can't give much of an overview of the story without spoiling it for anyone who might fancy reading it. It's about a family, well essentially the mother of this family and how she copes when things start to unravel. I'm being very vague and I'm not making it sound like much of a story but it is, trust me the second half just knocks you right over. Also I have to warn you this book will make you cry, and I don't usually cry unless I'm really angry (which is inconvenient in an argument). I seem to be having a streak of luck with my choices of novel at the minute, this one gets 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment